There is never a Perfect day or Time to take care of yourself –
MomLeader Facebook Community is running a 21 Day Self Care Challenge so that Moms can get intentional with showing themselves some Love this Year.
You are more than welcome to join the Group/Challenge here >>>
Being a mom is one of the sweetest job in the world and yet one of the hardest jobs in the world – it is the only job in the world where you give all of YOU!!!
Amazing right, from cleaning to caring to refereeing to cooking to doing the laundry to driving to counselling to mentoring, you name it…On a regular day, you play an averahge of five roles in a day. Check out my previous post on Stay At Home Moms are CEOS (this post highlights some of the roles we occupy and the estimated salary!).
Anyways, with all these Motherhood duties and responsibilities, most of the time, we forget the most important factor of Motherhood – YOU!!! The “You” is very important to how great of a mom you are or not – So why do you forget or feel guilty when you are taking care of YOU!!!
You not only deserve to care for yourself, you NEED TO! – it is a necessity.
You need to re-energize, relax, reset and be ready to take on the next “Motherhood” challenge (that will definitely come your way!).
Okay, moms, I know you want to really care for yourself but you run out of ideas or you are misinformed as to what self care is all about.
Here are 101 list of Self care ideas for Moms (So you don’t have an excuse 😉):
- Sit down and have lunch on your own.
- Treat yourself to your favorite dessert.
- Binge watch one of your favorite shows/series alone or with a friend
- Chat with your friend (the one that always make you laugh)
- Decide to not give in to Mom-Guilt
- Make yourself priority on your To do list
- Buy yourself something that makes you smile e.g flowers or candles.
- Sit outside to watch the sunset
- Watch the sunrise and relish the moment.
- Splurge – Buy that special item!
- Day Dream.
- Take a nap during the day
- Read a book or magazine (in peace)
- Go to bed early.
- Be very present in every moment
- Ask for help.
- Try something new – Take a fitness, dancing, crafts or art class
- Do absolutely nothing
- Take a nice long bubble bath.
- Get your hair done
- Get a new hairstyle
- Getaway to somewhere nice by yourself or with your girlfriends..
- Create a gratitude list every morning
- Set goals for yourself (Not for the family, set personal goals)
- Go window shopping.
- Get a massage
- Stay Longer in the Shower
- Buy that special item that you normally wouldn’t buy for yourself
- Go for a Long Drive
- Sit still either in a park or patio or by a creek/ocean
- Turn off your social media for a day
- Deal with negative self talk
- Go through family pictures or family home videos
- Take a day for yourself – and do something nice with that day
- Hug your children
- Eat ice-cream or any dessert without feeling guilty
- Snuggle under a blanket all day
- Have your favorite drink; in your favourite spot
- Put on some good music and dance
- Forgive yourself, Forgive someone else
- Clean out your cupboards (if you enjoy doing such things)
- Get someone else to make you dinner
- Create a spot for yourself in the house (A spot just for you only)
- Get someone else to clean the house or do the laundry
- Dress up
- Eat your breakfast in bed
- Plan a pizza – movie night with friends
- Do your annual checkup
- Listen to what you really want to do
- Take lots of deep breaths during the day
- Get a manicure or pedicure
- Laugh out loud
- Light a scented candle
- Sit down and Look at the clouds
- Go swimming
- Make a new friend (it could be a mom-friend)
- Decorate your home
- Read an inspirational blog
- Eat mindfully
- Join a book club
- Have a good cry
- Read the newspaper
- Listen to an inspirational podcast
- Take pictures
- Visit your favorite places
- Sit in front of the fireplace
- Play a musical instrument (that’s if you can play..but then if not, oh well, lol!)
- Colour a Colouring Book
- Sing out loud
- Take a mental task every now and then
- Join a support group (could online or in-person)
- Deep condition your hair
- Eat an healthy snack
- Smile at yourself in the mirror
- Leave yourself a love note
- Listen to nature sounds
- Try a new recipe
- Get Creative
- Use Essential oils in the house or shower
- Drink Water
- Get rid of clothes that are either old or don’t fit!
- Cook your favourite dish
- Be braless all day
- Play with a pet
- Moisturize your skin
- Apply a facial mask
- Spend quality time with loved ones
- Unplug for an hour
- Pay yourself a compliment
- Random act of kindness
- Plan a mini stay-cation
- Play your favourite board game
- Jump in puddles
- Go for a bike ride
Here’s the list – find what you can do or get inspired with this list.
For self care, all you need is 15 minutes or in some cases a whole day or as long as you need.
I’ll see you around,